(This post may contain affiliates please see my disclosure policy if you want to know more).
Happy Friday everyone, another TGIF I am sure. I had a very long exhausting week and I am just waiting for a couple weeks from now when I can celebrate my hubby’s birthday. Last year the poor guy had to spend it with me in the hospital after I had a really bad episode and ended up not being able to talk at all. This was very hard on him and I have been thinking of some of the things that I can do to make up for him not having that great of a birthday this year. So in honor of my hubby, this post is all about birthday ideas for your significant others.
The first thing that you need to think about when it comes to their birthday is what do they like? What are some of their favorite things to do? Do they have everything? Are they hard to shop for? I always really struggled with my Ryan and I think I still do to this day because he is an old-fashioned kind of guy. Which I absolutely love, don’t get me wrong there, he is one in a million completely one of a kind. Although with that being said he can be hard to shop for because he doesn’t like anything new. Like the new technology that is out or any new kind of music, he would still have a Nextel flip phone if they were still made available. He is just an amazing man like that! Anyways I am getting a little bit of track here, so I have been putting together a list of things that you can get for husband or boyfriend.
- Do they like to play video games? Well, I think a lot of guys do like to play video games and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think this is a good outlet for a guy and it gives him time to spend with his friends but still be at home. So I have been checking into game consoles and different games that are new myself. These might be a good fit for a gift for your guy too 🙂
When it comes to the PlayStation 4 I am not sure you can go wrong with this gift. Although I have heard from some guys this all depends on the preference of what games they like to play.
Some Ps4 games that might be a huge hit with your guy are;
This game is one of my husbands favorites. He plays it almost every single day. Ladies, guess what?? It actually is kind of fun to watch. Watch them become an outlaw, rob wagons, get in fights at the saloons and so much more. This is the ultimate western game.
Grand Theft Auto is another good choice for a game to get a guy. Now, I will say this is not one of my favorite games, but my husband enjoyed all of them and had to beat them all before he could continue onto a new game. In these games they can steal cars, beat people up, destroy street gangs, drive as fast as they want, run from the cops, etc… There are so many levels and so much you can do in these games, they will have entertainment for months.
Now this may be the newest game, but not the only one. There are quite a few, get your guy all of them if he hasn’t played any of them yet. If he has, then just buy him this game.
Call of Duty is a game I am sure your significant other has played before, this I believe is the new one.
Dinosaurs, every mans childhood dream right?? I was told by quite a few guys that this is a pretty fun game, just like going through the movie.
- Due to there being a preference for some guys and they may not like all the games on the PlayStation there is also the Xbox One.
Another big thing that I have noticed that is normally a good gift for a guy is gift cards, I used to always get my husband Ryan gift cards to all these places
Menards, home depot and sears are all really good ones too.
- Then there is always food, because what man doesn’t like to eat. I remember someone telling me at my bridal shower the quickest way to a man’s heart is his stomach. Just to name a few, you can’t go wrong with fast food (they can use this on their lunch break for work). Also, you cannot go wrong with getting them a restaurant gift card either, because who knows they might take you out with it.
Texas Roadhouse Gift Card $25
- Does your man have a beard?? Why not get them a nice beard kit?..
to help them keep their beard groomed.
- I used to get my husband clothes, but most guys want to buy their own clothes so this is where getting clothing gift cards to some of their favorite stores can really come in handy for them.
- Finally, take a look at some of the hobbies and some of the things your guy likes to do. Does he like to ride bikes? Does he like to ride his ATV? Is he into trucks? If you give yourself a checklist and start before their birthday comes you will give yourself enough time to save up and give them a good gift.
- You could look into getting the new gear for their ATV or even if they ride a dirt bike. Here are some options to choose from
- New Genuine Pure Polaris ATV Accessories / Polaris Sportsman Touring Trailerable ATV Cover – pt 2877999
- Atv goggles, Motocross Goggles Motorcycle Dirt Bike Ski Goggles Windproof Scratch Resistant Combat Goggles Adjustable UV Protective Safety Outdoor Glasses for Cycling, Climbing, etc (Classical
Does your guy complain of neck or back pain?? This is a very affordable gift.
Finally, another great idea is watches. If your man works in an office, or says he wants a watch. A smartwatch is a big thing right now, either Apple or Samsung. Also some good brands and ones that I would stand by are Fossil, and Rolex.